The Cheese Place was set up in 2007 by Kath Armitage and Graham Williams who share a love for real farmhouse cheese. They wanted to create a business that protected and promoted our
British food heritage at a time when traditional quality foods were being undermined by the mass produced products offered in the supermarkets.
The concept was, and still is, very simple: We select the best British handmade cheeses and handmade products to eat with them.
Our original shop was in Haworth but this closed in December 2011. Prestwich was set up in 2009 and in 2012 our friend, Mark Johns, opened in Boston Spa.
We think that eating great quality food is one of the central ingredients for a happy life. We also believe:
- That food should be as natural as possible, free from chemicals to flavour, colour or preserve it.
- The food we sell is best quality... if it's not good enough for us, our friends and families, it's not good enough for you.
- That 'hand-made' food means people make it, from carefully selected ingredients, in small batches.
- That all food should be fairly traded, whether the producer is a coffee bean grower in India or a cheese maker in Halifax.
- Real food has a story... our cheese makers can be named, 'local' is within 50 miles and 'organic' is more than marketing jargon.
We're very lucky to have a fantastic team who love food too. If come into the shops they will be happy to tell you their favourite cheeses, give you a taste and advise on what goes
with that cheese to get the best from it.